12:00 am - 6:00 pm
This event is at maximum capacity.
Tournaments are coming back to Nexus, although we do need to do some changes due to the pandemic. As such our tournament will be limited in size due to the restrictions that need to be in place to keep everyone safe. We can only have a maximum of 16 players in the back play area playing. Therefore it is very important that we have people sign up in advance!
As well the following restrictions will be in place:
Everyone inside Nexus must wear a face mask the entire time. This is a restriction of KFL&A Public Health for all indoor spaces and is a requirement to attend this tournament. Should you have a medical condition which precludes you wearing a mask, unfortunately we cannot have you participate in this tournament.
No spectators will be allowed in the back play area in order to limit the amount of people in the space. Once your game is complete you are free to go outside to talk about your games and how awesome you were, but once your game is done you have to leave the play area. You would be a spectator if you finish your game and go over to another table to watch. This is again to limit the amount of people in the space.
No food or drink is allowed in the back play area.
You must have all your own gaming supplies (dice, books etc.) and cannot share supplies with others or touch another player’s models. Nexus will not be lending out supplies (measuring tapes, dice etc.).
DATE: Saturday November 7th
Dice roll at 9:30 AM, doors open at 9:00 AM. 4 games for the day.
Entry fee: $20
This tournament will be an escalation style tourney. So our first game will be 500 points, the second 1,000 points, the third 1500 and the final 2,000 points. Your 1,000 point list must include every model in the 500 point list. The 1500 point list must include everything in the 1,000 point list. And, you guessed it, the 2,000 point list must include all the models in the previous lists.
As the day goes on, the game length will get longer (we don’t think you’ll need 2.5 hours to play a 500 point game after all!)
Restrictions are that the rule of two is in place for the 500 and 1,000 point list (only 2 of a unit that isn’t a troop or dedicated transport) and the rule of three is in place for the 1500/2,000 point games.
Painting is not required, although if you want to show up with a beautifully painted army we’ll all appreciate seeing it on the table!
Missions and secondary objectives will be used from the Chapter Approved mission pack. If you do not own this book, you can use the secondaries in the core rulebook, however be advised in the mission pack ATTRITION is now changed to GRIND THEM DOWN, and worth 3 points per turn instead of 4 (otherwise it’s the same secondary). This is the version of the secondary we are using for the tournament. I believe the others are the same.
9 AM – doors open/check in
9:30 – 10:30 – game one (500 points)
10:45 – 12:15 – game two (1000 points)
1:00 – 3:00 – game three (1500 points)
3:15 – 5:30 – game four (2,000 points)
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: Swiss
PrizesPrizes awarded: Door prizes
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5
This event is fully booked.
- Jason Leclair
- Cory Tokay
- Kaelon Brown
- Colin Krstic
- Iain Clark
- Jonathan Wolfe
- Taylor Stevens
- Peter Scouten
- Jordan Racey
- Ryan Sullivan
- Tyler/Mike Cranston
- Liam Macadoo
- Joshua Watters
- Lukas Duchaine
- Chris McDonnell
- Shannon McLeod