9:00 am - 5:30 pm
This is a very friendly, introductory tournament to Age of Sigmar, and it is perfectly fine if you do not have much experience with the new system (given 3.0 has just recently been released we’re all pretty new here!). As such when you build your lists, try to ensure it is on the friendly side. Even though you MIGHT own the latest greatest GT winning list, this tourney is not really the place for the netlists, as it will be predominantly brand new players to the system.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all hugging is suspended. That leaves only bloodbaths!
- Registration at 8:30 AM, dice roll at 9:00 AM
- 9:00 – 11:30 – Game one
- 11:30 – 12:30 – lunch
- 12:30 – 3:00 – Game Two
- 3:00 – 5:30 – Game three
- 5:30 – Prizes and awards
- (note- we’re giving a LOT of time for games due to this being an introductory tourney – if we don’t NEED that much time, we can adjust, as the following round will just start a bit earlier if everyone finishes before time)
- 1500 points, 3 games, $20 entry fee
- We’ll be using the missions from the General’s Handbook 2021
- NO PAINTING REQUIREMENT! (a lovely shade of grey plastic is perfectly acceptable!)
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! (can be your first games of AOS, it’s okay, we’ll help out!)
- All prizes are door prizes – you will get tickets to put in a draw of your choice for awesome prizes!
- Due to Covid 19 restrictions, you must wear a mask for the entirety of the time inside Nexus, as well as being double vaccinated to attend. If you are unable to wear a mask or you are not vaccinated, unfortunately you cannot attend this event.
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- New! All players wishing to use the play area must provide proof of vaccination upon arrival.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: Swiss
PrizesPrizes awarded: Door prizes
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5
- Derek Figge
- Daniel Macdonald
- Alex Piche
- David Alarie
- Darren Bonenberg
- Richard Smith
- Will Moser
- Connor Makarucha
- Kenneth Hook
- Christopher McLeod
- Iain Clark
- Kevin Rutherford
- Andrew Blower
- Shannon McLeod
- Justin Machesney
- Isaac Lovell
- Dwight Hoelke
- ROBERT MCVEAN