10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Welcome to Kingston’s first A Song of Ice and Fire Tournament. We are planning for a small event for the first one. We want to be safe during these times and don’t want to put anyone in harms way.
The first tournament will be a 30pt event to make it quicker as a lot of us are newer to the game. It will be following the tournament pack provided by CMON. https://asoif.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/pdf/pdf/128/Tournament_Guidelines_v1.6.pdf
Two list can be brought as per the pack and once you arrive at the table you will tell your opponent your two lists and once you have both informed each other of your list you can make a choice at the same time to which list you are running. Missions will be chosen randomly the day of the event from the official missions in the app.
Nexus has a list of rules which must be followed and will be enforced during the day. Masks must be worn for the entire duration that you are in the store. All players must sanitize their hands frequently and keep proper distance when possible. There is no spectating once your game is complete. You must leave the play area once your game is done and pass in the score sheet. No food and drinks are allowed in the store. There will be time between each game to go to the bathroom if needed and time for lunch between the first and second round. There is a complete list of rules on The Kingston Nexus website.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at Danj.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you all there!
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: Swiss
PrizesPrizes awarded: Event-specific (see event details)
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5