9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Welcome to 9th edition tournament – The Great Crusade!
Tournaments are coming back to Nexus, although we do need to do some changes due to the pandemic. As such for our first tournament will be limited in size due to the restrictions that need to be in place to keep everyone safe. If there is enough interest, we will do the tournament over two separate days (half the participants one Saturday, the other half the next), however on any one day we can only have a maximum of 16 players in the back play area playing. Therefore it is very important that we have people sign up in advance!
As well the following restrictions will be in place:
Everyone inside Nexus must wear a face mask the entire time. This is a restriction of KFL&A Public Health for all indoor spaces and is a requirement to attend this tournament. Should you have a medical condition which precludes you wearing a mask, unfortunately we cannot have you participate in this tournament.
No spectators will be allowed in the back play area in order to limit the amount of people in the space. Once your game is complete you are free to go outside to talk about your games and how awesome you were, but once your game is done you have to leave the play area. You would be a spectator if you finish your game and go over to another table to watch. This is again to limit the amount of people in the space.
No food or drink is allowed in the back play area.
You must have all your own gaming supplies (dice, books etc.) and cannot share supplies with others or touch another player’s models. Nexus will not be lending out supplies (measuring tapes, dice etc.).
Okay, with all that out of the way, here is our first Tournament – The Great Crusade!
DATE: August 22
Dice roll at 9:30 AM, doors open at 9:00 AM. 3 games for the day.
Entry fee: $20
1,500 point tournament, using the new point levels in Chapter Approved 2020 (released July 25th). All armies must be battleforged. Each army begins with 12 Command Points. (subtracting from this initial amount for extra detachments etc.)
PAINTING REQUIREMENT – 50% of your models must be painted to a 3 colour minimum. In addition, for this tournament your warlord MUST be one of the painted models!
No Titanic units allowed and no primarchs (as much fun as Mortarian vs. Yarrick might seem in your head – it’s not so fun on the table!). If you’re a tau player and want to bring the 8 – fair game! (as they’re technically a lord of war slot for some strange reason)
You MUST include as your warlord a named SPECIAL CHARACTER from your relevant army book. It is their great crusade! So it’s about this character’s personal retinue of awesome they are bringing along for their personal crusade. (ie: if you play tyranids you’re going to have to include either deathleaper, Old one eye, or the swarmlord in your list and they must be your warlord)
If your codex is one of the two currently with no named special characters, the following may be used (only ONE per army however – it’s still their great crusade!):
Harlequins: the solitare
Genestealer Cult: the patriarch
In previous years we’ve ended the day with a “boss fight” where everyone gathers around tables and cheers on the end battle between warlords. We unfortunately cannot do this part this year, as much as it’s my favourite part. So this will be a three round tournament using the new 9th edition rules.
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: Swiss
PrizesPrizes awarded: Door prizes
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Jason Leclair
- Cory Tokay
- Kaelon Brown
- Connor Makarucha
- Jordan Racey
- David Alarie
- Sean Bai
- Iain Clark
- Joshua Watters
- Daniel MacDobald
- Timothy Gagnon
- Matthew McAdoo
- Sam McAdoo