In January, we will be having year 4 of our miniature painting contest! Starting January 4th (or anytime thereafter), bring in an unpainted miniature as evidence that it is, indeed, unpainted. (It can be glued, modded, and/or primed, if you want.) We will photograph it for posterity! Then, it must be completely painted by February 1st in order to be entered into our painting contest, which will be judged over the next two weeks by three different panels:
- A panel of experts at Nexus,
- You, the people, and
- Staff at Games Workshop!!
You can enter as many times, in as many categories as you want, but it’s a $5 fee per entry, all of which is converted into prize support. Winners will be announced on February 22nd!
Note: we do have different categories you can enter your model in (i.e. small base, unit, large base) but we reserve the right to modify the categories after we’ve received all submissions. That way we don’t have one category with 20 entries in it and another category with just 2. We want to ensure that all categories are equally competitive!
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: n/a
PrizesPrizes awarded: n/a
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Matt Morton
- Ben Carver
- Michael White
- Kevin Wakelam
- Jonathan Machnee
- Chris McDonnell
- Nicholas Deslandes
- Lance Eves
- Erin Forbes
- Thomas Tyers
- Todd Webber
- Cory Tokay
- Neil Gower
- Alex Balanescu
- Trevor Lockington
- KENNETH MCBRIEN
- Connor Bresee
- Kaelon Brown
- Erica Wessell
- Rob Eves
- Heather van Tol