It has been a delayed by Trials and Tribulations, but now it is back for a Special Edition of our annual painting contest. Five months late and in a new format.
First we would like to put the CALL out to all of our would be miniature painters new and old, first timers and old hats to pick up this Challenge.
Four weeks to paint one miniature! Just one miniature! You could do that in your sleep*.
And what could get for taking up this Challenge? You could win the complete Mega Paint Set from Army Painter. Yes you, you could win this amazing paint set. A paint set so big, you’ll need two hands to carry it**.
Final entries will be judged on July 3, 2021 by our elite group of Judges including the Nexus Staff, Professionals from within the industry and a by then 15 month old named Freya.
The Challenge – To paint a Dire Troll*** in the month of June****
The Cost – The price of one Dire Troll*****
The Benefit – No matter what you walk away with a sweet Dire Troll***
- Can you use your own paints? YES
- Can you make modifications to the miniature? YES
- Can you paint it some other colour than green? YES
- Can you earn Bonus Karma points for using only the brush and paints provided? …MAYBE…
* Nexus does not recommend painting in your sleep as damage to sheets, face and miniature may result (though the resulting tie-dye troll might be awesome, not to mention the tie-dye everything else)
** Hand sizes vary, you may only need one, stop bragging
*** Supply is limited so reserve yours today, we have some slaads****** if the trolls run out
**** June 2, 2021 to June 30, 2021
***** 29.99 plus tax – Kit includes Dire Troll, paint and a brush
****** If you do not know what a Slaad is then you likely deserve one
To be as safe as possible during these unprecedented times, all participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- All players wishing to use the play area must abide by all public health orders at all times while inside Kingston Nexus.
- All players must wear a face covering.
- All players must sanitize their hands upon entrance to the play area. We also recommend sanitizing your hands frequently while inside our play area. Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be provided.
- All players must attempt to practice physical distancing to the extent that it is possible while in the play area. We recommend always staying on the opposite side of the table from your opponent.
- All players wishing to use the play area must register and provide their full name, email address, and phone number. This is done at the request of KFL&A Public Health to assist with contract tracing related to COVID-19. Capacity is limited so that we can all play our favourite games as safely as possible.
- All tables must be reserved in advance; drop-ins are not permitted. There is no cost to reserve a table, but we ask that you limit yourself to 1 table per week, so that others may also enjoy the space.
- Players will be assigned a table and a time slot. Please do not enter the play area before your time slot, or approach any table other than the one you are assigned to.
- When you are finished with your game(s), please leave the play area as quickly as possible. You may certainly socialize with the other players, but we encourage you to do it outside.
- No food is permitted in the play area. If you get hungry, please leave Nexus and eat outside.
- No spectators are permitted. Note that you are also considered a spectator if you have a table reserved and your game ends early and you hang around to see how the next table over is doing.
- No shared game pieces are permitted. Similarly, while in the play area, you may only touch any game pieces (i.e. dice, cards, figurines) that belong to you. If you are playing a game that might normally involve you touching another player's pieces, we suggest that you simply instruct them to perform the action on your behalf. Please bring your own dice, cards, measuring tapes, and whatever else you might need for the game you are intending to play. We will not be lending out dice or measuring tapes, and we ask that you do not borrow your opponent's.
PairingsPairing system used: n/a
PrizesPrizes awarded: n/a
270 Bagot St.
Kingston Ontario K7L 3G5
- Ben Kent
- Michael Friesen
- Courtney Mahoney
- Mike Blair-Beveridge
- Shannon McLeod
- Kaelon Brown
- Nick Huffman
- Daniel Macdonald
- Dean Lewis
- Todd Webber
- Dawn Douthwright
- Keegan Rae
- Chad Daley
- Sam Hughes-martin
- Brad White
- Sean Morris
- Erin Forbes
- Travis Spence
- Kevin Mooy
- Pigeon Kaduck
- Charles Roepper
- Rogan Gowan